[tlug] Gentoo on Zaurus

Since we have a thread on installing Gentoo and a thread on the Zaurus.
I thought it was probably time to start a thread on installing Gentoo on
a Zaurus.  I have been working on this the last couple of weekends.  The
are now generic big and small endian embedded arm stages with softfloat
and uclibc.  [1]Cross compilers are much easier to build then last time
I tried.  I had no problems making a arm-softfloat-uclibc cross
compiler.   I was hoping to cross compile everything, but a lot of
packages have tests in their configure scripts that try to execute the
file even when cross compiling which obviously won't work.  I am
currently compiling the base system natively using an nfs mount.  The
kernel is 2.6.12 which was the latest stable OpenZaurus kernel.
Hopefully I will be able to get [2]distcc working this weekend, which
should speed things up a lot.

Edward

1. http://dev.gentoo.org/~vapier/CROSS-COMPILE-HOWTO
2. http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/cross-compiling-distcc.xml (I found this