Re: [tlug] CJK Latex: embed Type1 fonts in my pdf file

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:36:46 +0900
Evan Monroig <evan.monroig@example.com> wrote:

> When I use pdflatex it embeds the TrueType fonts (like the script you
> sent for alphabet character fonts), but when I use latex and dvips, it
> does not.
>
> I would like to use latex/dvips/ps2pdf to use 'epsfig' and 'pslatex'
> packages.
>
> So my problem is that I cannot get dvips to understand the ttf fonts.

Is there a specific reason why you want to go the dvi->pdf way
instead of using pdflatex? The latter can embed graphics as well.
It was a long time ago since I touched latex at this depth, so I can't
give you further help. Maybe try a dedicated mailing list?