Re: [tlug] searching for kanji strings, ignore punctuation and endof lines: Perl Solution and comments

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Perl probably has a split function; make the kanji string a varaible
> (see below for why), and split it on "" which will give you an array
> of characters.  Then do a join with "\$w".
>
> (defun mung-run-perl (kanji)
>   (interactive "sTarget: ")
>   (search-forward "# comment on line before kanji_string"
>   (forward-line 1)
>   (kill-line 1)   ;; remove the existing "$kanji_string =" line
>   (insert "  $kanji_string = " kanji ";")  ; does perl need a terminating ;? whatever
>   (save-buffer)
>   (shell-command (buffer-file-name))
>   )

Thats what my somewhat verbose example was doing.

$linestart='p........00.-';
@example.com = split(/ */, Encode::decode_utf8(shift));
$sep = join('','(?:\n',$linestart,'|\.)*');
$start = join('','(',$linestart,'[^\n]*', shift @example.com );
while($_= shift @example.com){
	$middle=join '',$middle,$sep,$_;
}