[tlug] Mozilla as default browser in KDE

In KDE 3.4, when I'm reading mail in Thunderbird and click on a URL,
it always opens up in Konqueror. I changed to Mozilla in File
Associations (.htm, .html) and Web Browser under Components in the
Control Center. But I still end up with Konqueror.

I Googled on this, and the matter was treated on the Mozilla web site
(http://kb.mozillazine.org/Setting_Your_Default_Browser), where it
said (after suggesting the above two changes):

"Select "Add..." under "Application Preference Order" and write
the command firefox %U (mozilla %U for Mozilla) and select OK. You
need "%U" so you can load URLs that are non-local files."

But this still doesn't have its desired effect.  Not that I have any
special dislike for Konqueror, but it makes me curious as to whether
this is some sort of bug, or odd function of KDE, or if there is one
more setting somewhere else that I've missed.

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University
Faculty of Humanities