Re: [tlug] [OT] Network Engineer Leads

On 17/01/06, Mark Sargent <powderkeg@example.com> wrote:

> I understand that this is off-topic, but, I know that there are some very knowledgable
> people here, and thought maybe someone may know someone.

Since a few people, as of late, have posted similar things, let me
offer the Official TLUG List Policy(TM) (R) (C) (etc.) [1]:

TLUG members who contribute regularly to on-list discussions are
welcome to make "I need a job, anybody know of one?" type posts, as
long as they:

1. Limit them to a single post within a reasonable time period (i.e.
do not turn this technical mailing list into a
begging-for-a-job-any-job forum).
2. Realise that by asking on a public list, responses may also be
public, and therefore other TLUGgers who are looking for work may
compete with you for the job.

So you are fine, Mark.

Also, nomikais would strike me as a great venue for asking other
TLUGgers how they got their start, if they know of jobs, etc. As long
as you don't make a nuisance of yourself and remember that we are all
here to have a good time, I don't think you will find TLUG an
unhelpful bunch.

Cheers,
Josh

[1] And by this, I mean the rough consensus we came to three years ago
during the Great Summer Exodus 事件. As always, if people disagree with
my opinion, I welcome comments. My job as Listmaster is not to set
policy, just to enforce it. I may make judgement calls, but I welcome
challenges to that judgement, both privately on on the tlug-admin
list.