Re: [tlug] Editing Sound Files: Command Line v GUI Programs

my bad. I just figgured he'd read the man page. I used to use something
that was a frontend for sox via GUI, but I really don't remember the name.
Oh,,, also try record and play from the command line. If you've got a mic
hooked up you can record conversations covertly or play ghost noises on
halloween and stuff. Man them for run info.

And yes, sox is a bit clumbersome for editing sound. It has two great
features, 1) it's probably already there, 2) it can do just about
anything. I tend to use it for simple tweaks and conversions and then
bring out something more GUI for stuff that's going to be a lot of work.