Re: [tlug] Real-time Port Analyzer?

Luca BARTOLOMEO wrote:

>Did you try ethereal?
>it should do what you need, I guess.

Hi All,

yes, but, Ethereal has no way of distinguishing the process that is
generating the packets. I believe someone, back in 2001(?) was playing
with some code, that would enable it to do so, for Linux, but, nothing
seemed to come of it. I've got an established conversation,

tcp        0      0 192.168.0.15:32995
062016145088.customer:62757 ESTABLISHED

and Ethereal is certainly showing ongoing packet exchange, but, I can't
tell exactly, what it is(unless my skills are letting me down(very
possible)). I'm guessing it's Skype, but, would like to verify it. I'm
currently studying CCNP, and I'm planning to use Skype as part of my
studies, to learn more about packet flow, for voice apps, as I don't
have access to any VoIP network etc. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.