Re: [tlug] Linspire as a senior citizen's first computer... what do you think?

Micheal E Cooper wrote:
> Well, it does look like this has the potential for becoming a bit of a flame war regarding distros.
I am a gentoo user, but for your situation, I would recommend a
pre-installed debian stable system.
> But I appreciate the advice about Debian. I am thinking that maybe I
> should just set up Debian on this old Gateway PIII 733 that I have, get it
> all working well, and then take it apart and carry it over in my suitcase.
> I don't need clothes. I can buy them at Walmart.

If you have the baggage space free always beets $200. Someone correct me
if I am wrong but I was under the impression that Linspire was
originally a debian derivative, designed to bring the worst elements of
Windows to Linux.  With a subscription based support model.  Last time I
checked (quite some time ago)Linspire had
* required root login.
* installer that works like windows activation.

Edward