Re: [tlug] Zaurus & Graffiti?

Joe Larabell wrote:
> The Zaurus has a handwriting recognition engine but it doesn't recognize
> Palm-style graffiti (which, until recently, seems to have been mired in
> its own patent problems). Anyhow, I just now tried some of the obscure
> graffiti strokes on my SL-C3100 and many of them get rocognized as kana
> characters, even in ei-bun mode. There is also no setting on the default
> ROM (that I know of) to control the character style.

Yes, I know. But alternative systems (such as Graffiti) can be found on
alternative OSes for Z.
My question was: Do you know any addon to the Sharp Rom which could
allow such Graffiti input?

> From what little real-life experience I have entering English into the Z
> (and no experience entering graffiti into a Plam), my feeling is that the
> recognition of romaji is fair but far short of exciting. The recognition
> of kanji, however, is outstanding (IMHO). Several years back, before I
> bought my last Z, I went around trying to enter various kanji into other
> PDAs and their speed/accuracy performance was dismal compared to Sharp.

Graffiti (sorry, my opinion only!) is good, fast, and reliable... At
least for roman alphabet. Never tried it for japanese input, but I
believe that Zaurus kanji recognition is good.

Bruno.