Re: [tlug] Smart Package Manager

Hi!

On 04.01.2006, 13:43 +0100 Zuco Pietro wrote:

> Some experience with Smart Package Manager? (http://labix.org/smart)

I used it some time ago with Mandriva. I don't know what else you want
to know, it works fine. At the time I tried it, it was just still a bit
slow with reading/writing the cache, which was a bit annoying - but that
should be better now, judging from the release notes.

It is pretty save to play with it, as it does not use a different
backend but the one your system is already using (i.e. RPM/APT/...). You
only need to add the different sources. Mandriva users can also use
http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/ since some time which makes this step very
easy.

--
  Michael Reinsch <mr@example.com>                      http://mr.uue.org/