[tlug] [tlug-digest] Anyone using Mozilla to print Japanese? Fonts are there, just not in printing via Mozilla etc.

Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

On 29/12/05, David Riggs <dariggs@example.com> wrote:

 >> Thanks Maro!!

If you really wanted to thank Mauro[d], you should not have top-posted!
[1] ;)

 >> I did have to use oofice, not oofice2. And some of the characters do not
 >> print, including the ken from e.g. Gunmaken,

Your Unicode fonts are incomplete. Try installing some of the following:

----

OK, Josh, is that the proper non-top posting format? I was trying too
hard to make the original post a footnote. Thanks for keeping me in
line. (sorry to mispell your name Maurod.)

And thanks for the nice list of needed fonts.

But I do have fonts for all those characters (and weirdly many kanji
including old forms do print properly in OO, just not the common "ken"
as in province). All those ji's show up fine on the screen in all my X
app's, anything running in konsole, through Mozilla, and any KDE app.
And everythings prints fine as html in Konqueror. But in ALL other apps
printing kanji are messed up in many different ways.

I am trying to work my way through this by going over

http://www.jw-stumpel.nl/stestu.html#T9.4.3

yet another time.

What I really want is not OO, but Mozilla, and seems that Mozilla (I
have 1.7.7) is a really hard nut to crack for this. But I really need it
because of the embedded xslt support which works on any platform. I tend
to try to get all my xml stuff to work in it as a standard so Mac as Win
people can use it.

Stumpel has not changed the Mozilla part of the above write up in over a
year, and the solution he shows seems like it is probably outdated. So,
has anyone gone through getting Japanese to print with Moz recently?

David

Kyoto

Debian/Sarge/KDE Samsung SCX-4100