[tlug] Hardware Details (Request)

This message of mine seems to have gone missing... so I'm trying again....

From: Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com>	Mailed-By: gmail.com
To: tlug@example.com
Date: Dec 29, 2005 2:18 AM
Subject: Re: [tlug] Hardware Details (Request)

On 12/28/05, Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote:
> By the way, I would be wary of buying a new motherboard with
> known bad cap issues.

Okay - I tip my hat to your experience with this issue.

I have a request though - for those of us who buy almost exclusively
used computers, can you mention some of the specific computers you've
had experience with?  Were they all custom-built computers or were
some of them (or most, all, whatever) off-an-assembly-line boxes from
companies like Dell, HP, Fujitsu, IBM, Micron, etc?  For separate
mother boards too of course, but particularly for assembly-line boxes,
the more information about specific models and times (late 2002 Dell,
model-X, etc.) the better.  This is why I've brought up the infamous
Dell Dimension-C model, since I was unlucky enough to have experience
with about 20 of them, beginning in 2001.

Lyle