Re: [tlug] Buy a computer with a potentially faulty condensor?

Dave> 	So... my question to the hardware inclined...
Dave> 	Is buying a PC with a condensor that could fail in the future a poor
Dave> risk to take?
Dave> 	And/or... how bad is it really to fix? Could I get a guy to do it? Do
Dave> it myself?

If you feel the price is worth it. go for it.

Dave> 	What do you think? A deal, or a disaster waiting to happen?

Why wait for the disaster, if you do pick it up, change it right away.
If this is a "brand" computer, do some research on it.