Re: [tlug] Free Linux for Desktop Newbies ?

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:05:57 +0900 "Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon" <ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:

> I like KDE myself - what does Ubuntu use then?

Ubuntu is Gnome-ish by default.
This is part of what makes Ubuntu so friendly for newbies.

There is a variation of Ubuntu that has KDE.
That variation is called Kubuntu.

> I downloaded Kubuntu... and am thinking of trying it out on an old
> 200MHz DEC computer I have with a 3GB HDD and 256MB. Is that enough?

That is enough to run, albeit slowly.
Why are you asking? Just run the Kubuntu Live CD.