Re: [tlug] Should we stop password protecting the TLUG archives?

    >> Even the admin list, by the way: In a thread over there,
    >> someone wrote that the admin list should remain closed. I don't
    >> think so (the same admin issues are common to all lists, and
    >> tlug discussions could be useful).

    Josh> No, I think the admin list should remain closed. Too much
    Josh> information on our hardware and so on can be gleaned, and
    Josh> there is no real value to making this stuff public.

There's plenty of discussion of hardware on this list, though.  I
don't think that's really an issue.

However, the admin list also contains discussions about banning people
and things like that.  Let's not open that unless somebody is willing
to go through and vette it for personal information.  It's one thing
to make public Brett's bluster on the public list, as a private
individual, about insisting that I behave.  It's quite another to leak
the minutes of the elected officials of the group cold-bloodedly
discussing methods for carrying out a life sentence of TLUG ostracism,
possibly including discussions of other organizations that took
similar action against the same individual, and of potentially
criminal behavior by said individual.

Unless somebody is sure there's no such thing in there (I'm pretty
sure those discussions were partly on that list, though), tlug-admin
archives should be closed, and the password given out only by personal
communication.