Re: [tlug] empty messages with gmail

On 17/12/05, David E <dave@?om> wrote:

> On Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:30:24 +0900, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
>
> > That is strange, since I don't *have* a sig...
>
> I think that's the auto-appended tlug info. Mew gives me a warning
> that the charset is set to UTF-8, but that the message encoding
> doesn't match.

Oh, I see what is going on now. Gmail encodes messages as UTF-8 by
default. Smartlist, when it is slapping on the TLUG footer stuff, is
not using UTF-8. Hence a problem.

We did not have this problem with Mailman. I will investigate this
issue tonight when I have a little time. Knowing Smartlist, this will
be a one-line fix that will take me three hours to locate. ;)

-Josh

PS: Sorry for the dup, Dave. I wish there was some way to instruct
Gmail to reply to the list address always, even when the message is
also sent to me privately.