Re: [tlug] Should we stop password protecting the TLUG archives?

On 16/12/05, David E <dave@?om> wrote:

> Problem is, there are probably people who posted in the past who are
> no longer subscribed. They may have posted with the understanding that
> their messages wouldn't be public (there could be other reasons than
> embarrassment, and whatever the reason is, it's not really our
> business).
>
> So I'd suggest, first announce that from [start date] the TLUG
> archives will be public. Posts up to that date remain protected, after
> that date if people don't like it they can refrain from posting.

Ugh. The problem is, there is a lot of good shit in the archives in
the past three years. Maybe we could do the opposite and have an
opt-in. I know that most of the people who have contributed valuable
stuff to the list are still around, and I doubt that most of them
would mind having their archived postings opened up.

Would that work for people? An opt-in to have your archived posts from
the Secret Years opened up?

I know this would create a little technical work, but I am willing to
do it. After all, being Listmaster has to have drawbacks as well as
perks, or everyone would want to do it! ;)

-Josh