Re: [tlug] Should we stop password protecting the TLUG archives?

Hi,

My thoughts below:

--- Zev Blut <zb@example.com> wrote:
> Currently TLUG's mailing lists are password
> protected.

I didn't know that.

> This is a
> source of confusion for new users and it prevents
> search engines from
> indexing our discussions.

I find archives to be very useful because:

1. When dealing with support for newbies/discussions I
find its easier to provide the archives link to the
discussion.

2. Most of the current discussions in the archives can
be retrieved when using search engines.

> * Do we reopen the archives?

My vote, yes.

I use a lot of yahoo accounts, and am part of a lot (I
mean a lot) of FSUGS/LUG mailing lists around the
world. I, personally find archives to be very useful,
and yahoo does a manageable job of moving spam (if
any) to bulk. So, I am managing discussions quite
comfortably and keep track of them.

Again, its just my thoughts. YMMV.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan, MS
Software Engineer, Specsoft (Hexaware Technologies)