Re: [tlug] GPL and Linux in Dvico Tivx

    Josh> By all means, if there *are* GPL issues, they should be
    Josh> resolved, but I see nothing suspicious about this,

No?  Embedded folks have played fast and loose with the GPL since the
'80s.  That's why there's an "Aladdin" Ghostscript, for one example.

"Guilty until proven innocent" would be over the top, but Jim wasn't
that aggressive (quite ;-) and I'm curious, too.  Will someone take a
look at the box, and see if it says "GPL" on the outside (optional but
honest), and inside, is it accompanied with the required offer to
supply the source?  Is the source escrowed in case the company goes
under before the three years is up?  (Source escrow is not required
but should be for commercial ventures IMHO.  Again, a sign of respect
for the GPL and the community that gave them the code.)