[tlug] The Blue Parrot Bookshop in Akihabara

I should have posted this sooner! In case you don't already know - the Blue Parrot (used) bookshop has two stores; one in Takadanobaba and the other in Akihabara. As the newsletter below states, they are closing the Akihabara shop in just a few days - the last day of business will be December 18th. They have good prices on books anyway, but they're selling off the Akihabara stock at 20-90%, so if you're in Akihabara, it might be worth checking out before it vaporizes.

Lyle

Greetings from The Blue Parrot  : )

Some sad news to pass along this time. December 18 will be the last day our Akihabara shop will be open for business. After almost a year of operation we realized it would be better to focus on the Takadanobaba shop. Hopefully we'll be able to find a larger location there, though it's very difficult to come across decent sized space close to the station. And not to worry, any book credit that was issued at the Akihabara shop will be honored at the Takadanobaba store. Sorry that you might have to go out of your way to use it though.

And now the good news: We'll be holding a big "Sayonara Akihabara" sale December 11 ~ 18, with all books 20 ~ 90% off at the Akihabara shop. As newsletter recipients you can take an additional 10% off during the sale by saying these words <http://www.blueparrottokyo.com/10percentoff.html> when paying.

We would like to say a big "thank you" to everyone who patronized the Akihabara shop, and also that we're sorry we can't keep it running.

Ending things on a bright note, our thanks go out to Donald Richie for his great reading at Ben's Cafe on November 22. From all accounts, a super time was had by all. A few photos from the evening can be found here <http://www.blueparrottokyo.com/donald_richie_photos.html>.

All the best,

The Blue Parrot <http://www.blueparrottokyo.com>

Maps/Directions <http://www.blueparrottokyo.com/location.html>

/// Friends of The Blue Parrot /// (click on business' name for more info)

Ben's Café <http://www.benscafe.com> - Try our homemade healthy quiche, pastries and vegetarian foods. Also, we have great lunch sets at very reasonable prices 11:30~14:00.

GMTravel <http://www.gmtravel.net> - GMTravel works the magic....we make people fly !

Sometimes Y Theatre <http://www.sometimesytheatre.com> - English Theatre in Tokyo! Performances at the Canadian Embassy Theatre. Acting Workshops & more.

Sun and Moon Yoga <http://www.sunandmoon.jp> - A Place to Relax. Come Move and Be Moved.