Re: [tlug] New Years Eve

On 2005.12.08, at 10:28, Edward Middleton <edward@example.com> wrote:

>Martin Parm wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I hope you don't mind me asking a non-technical and non-Linux related
>> question:
>> Just out of curiosity, how are all you TLUG'ers going to spend New Years
>> Eve? I'm especially interested in those of you who are in Japan.
>>
>If you have Japanese friends they will probably all spend new years with
>family.  Christmas and new years eve seem to be reversed in Japan.

I agree.

A typical (but not my) New Year Eve would be like: Until the famous Kohaku Utagassen starts around 7pm, you prepare for the Osechi lunchboxes for new years day and Soba for dinner with your family. Men are supposed to clean the house by then. After the TV programme, you start eating year-crossing soba noodles, waits for the local temple hitting the bell 108 times, go out to shrine and make a wish for the new year. Some people waits for the sunrise instead of going to shrine.

I, myself, would be on IRC and be testing some packages for MacOSX/Fink.

--
BABA Yoshihiko
Fink Support, Translation and Documentation Team