[tlug] GAGAIDS project, anyone?

There's a project that must exist somewhere, and I need to find it
fast:

GAGAIDS Ain't GNOME And It Don't Suck.

Please. tell me that it exists and where I can get its released
products!

(Also, the name of a plastic surgeon who can repair the hole in my
cheek.  ;-)

Really, though ... is there a reason why GNOME has to be unbuildable
even for a reasonably experienced wannabe hacker?  There's all this
GNOME software that would be useful ... if only it didn't depend on
unreleased versions of other GNOME software that doesn't build and
sucks anyway.

Frustratedly y'rs,