Re: [tlug] "UTF-8 & ISO-2022-JP"

On 12/5/05, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon <ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:
> I sent a J-text message in UTF-8 to a Yahoo.co.jp

Yes. I also have trouble from time to time when sending mail to
hotmail.co.jp and hotmail.com addresses. Usually because I don't
really pay attention to what encoding I send my emails, and when I
have put some accents in it it defaults to UTF-8.

So after the person told me that he/she couldn't read my email, I have
to make sure that there are no accents, select the encoding to
iso-2022-jp and resend.

Never had trouble though with 'normal' mail software users (outlook,
outlook express, kile, thunderbird, evolution, OSX Mail, ...)

Evan