[tlug] rikaichan

Some of you know about Rikai[1], which helps you read Japanese pages
by automatically giving you the dictionary entry for words when you
hover over them with the mouse.

I was thinking to myself today, while sitting about in Landmark Plaza,
that it would be wonderful to write a Firefox extension that added an
item to the link context menu to open the link in Rikai. So I sent
myself an email so I would remember to do this.

When I got home, I decided just to Google for 'rikai extension' to
make sure someone had not already made a Rikai extension. Of course,
as it turns out, David Todd Ruddick himself (author of Rikai) has done
an extension called RikaiXUL[2], which simply Rikai-ifies any webpage.
Much better than what I was envisioning. :) And then another chap did
him one better by writing an extension called rikaichan[3], which is
RikaiXUL with a few bugfixes and so on.

Check it out, you may like.

-Josh

[1] http://www.rikai.com/perl/Home.pl