Re: [tlug] US keyboards

Josh wrote:

> Japanese keyboards ... suck

Almost all modern keyboards suck, using the same crummy membrane technology.

Notable exceptions are some old keyboards and all PFU keyboards
If one is going to pay 5000 yen, you might as well get a _good_ keyboard.

   http://shop.store.yahoo.com/pfuca-store/
   http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/en/hhkeyboard/
   http://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/hhkeyboard/

I've never seen one of the PFU keyboards,
but I have read several glowing reviews of them over the years.

   http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8361
   http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue35/dinsel.html
   http://review.ascii24.com/db/review/peri/keyboard/2004/02/19/648309-000.html
   http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=pfu+happy+hacking+keyboard+review

I use an old IBM keyboard with the buckling spring technology
_and_ the trackpoint. Mine lacks the middle mouse button. Grrr!

   http://www.geocities.jp/kenjin_keyboard/13H6705.htm
   http://www.google.com/search?hl=jp&q=13h6705

Although the trackpoint is harder to use than a mouse,
as a touch-typist I dearly appreciate not having to remove my
fingers from the home row to nudge the cursor.

I would expect that you should be able to find the used ordinary
trackpoint-less keyboards quite cheaply.

   http://www.geocities.jp/kenjin_keyboard/1391401.htm