Re: [tlug] timing for geeks

Hello :)

Thank you Jim and also Josh for replyes. :) Great! :)

Since so far only two of you responded, I can afford the luxury to give
a prize for every (so far) attendant of the contest :))

When you happen to be in Prague, do not hesitate to let me know :)

Next... I am still working on the topic, but here are some quick comments:

* Jim (jep200404@example.com) [051202 21:43]:
> This is a rich experiment with many twists and turns.

definitely, now I am only beginnig to discover all the truth...

eg. see:
http://source.mvista.com/~ganzinger/hrt/home_page.html

and also in Documentation included in linux kernel source see:
rtc.txt

(:( I did not read it all through yet...)

Unfortunately, Josh program - using either gettimeofday() or
clock_gettime()  - still produces "saw-ish" time signal.

And this did not change even though I tried it with CLOCK_REALTIME and
also CLOCK_MONOTONIC clock variables [1].

Thus basicaly, using these functions does not solve the problem. But
definitely they are much better choice than my original try with
ftime(). :))))

[1] see man clock_gettime

Best regards
Michal