Re: [tlug] Anthy/uim library integration, anybody done it?

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:33:05 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking about adding native (as opposed to "comes with GTK" or
> the like) support for the anthy/uim input methods to XEmacs.  Has
> anybody written software and explicitly integrated anthy support?
>
> Did the API look "SWIGgable"?  Of course I won't be using SWIG since
> SWIG doesn't support Emacs Lisp, but basically the idea is to wrap the
> library and let people write their own interfaces in Emacs Lisp,
> rather than force a particular interface on them.

Hi Steve,

Uim and anthy are two distinct things, but I'm sure you are aware of that.
Uim (which is already half lisp) has emacs lisp support:
http://garakuta.homelinux.org/~nosuke/tsubo/uim-el.html

I did use anthy when I added support for it to my im-ja project. It was a
lot easier to use than the wnn or canna libs.

But:
$ apt-cache show anthy-el