Re: [tlug] DD floppies

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:15:23 +0900
"Jim BLACKSON" <blackson@example.com> wrote:

> FWIW, my colleague tells me that there is no GUI menu entry for
> formatting a 720KB 2DD floppy on an XP box, but you can do it
> at the command prompt:
>
> 	format /t:80 /n:9 A:
>
> More details are here under "USB Floppy drive YD-8U10":
> http://www.yedata.com/support/WinXPcompliance.shtml

Ahh, thank you, I didn't know that. I thought it was the disc drive in
my XP box that was the problem. I bought a new floppy disc drive on
Wednesday night and I am planning to install it this weekend. It's not a
waste as the old one made terrible noises and was full of dust. It would
have been very frustrating to find the new drive still would not format.

Brett