[tlug] kterm equivalents

I'm bringing up a FDC4 system on my new notebook. I thought I'd
weaken and put my cosy old kterm/kinput rig on it but I have walked
into a mess of library version problems, so I guess it's time
to say bye-bye to kterm and friends.

One aspect of kterm I like, but is not present in Gnome Terminal
(that I can see) is the way if you double-click on a Japanese string
embedded in other text, it just selects the Japanese text. With Gnome
Terminal, the text and adjacent spaces, tabs and punctuation gets
selected as well.

Is there either a way of getting Gnome Terminal to behave properly, or
alternatively, is there an I18Ned terminal which I can use instead which
does the Right Thing?

Tks

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Clayton School of Information Technology,               Tel: +61 3 9905 9554