Re: [tlug] Moving a Subversion repository to another location

Not an answer to your question, but I did a large repo dump/undump when changing repo formats, and it was pretty painless.  The only problem was finding a bit of disk space for the dump to go in.

Yeah, all right, it's still not quite as convenient as 'cp' but it's not far off.