[tlug] Mozilla Colors

Moving Mozilla over to another machine was breathtakingly easy. One note about colors though.

To get all the data over, just moving the (dot)Mozilla folder over to the new User folder worked seamlessly, with the caveat that while the message pane was operating with my settings of a dark background with light letters, the folder pane and the menus were in blinding, blasted, $%#%$# stark white. What to do, what to do.... The answer was to copy over the Mozilla folder (in addition to the dot-Mozilla folder) and open Mozilla from there. I suppose the system-wide aspects of system-wide Mozilla get in the way of color control by one user.... I haven't tried the same thing with FireFox yet, but I presume it will work there as well and get rid of thoe bloody light-colored sections.

The drawback to this, of course, is that updates via SuSE Update will not be updating the user-only version of Mozilla, so it will need to be updated separately.

Lyle

PS Whoever it was that originally pointed out to me that the hidden files are preceded by a dot - to you, a huge, gargantuan, dekkai Thank You! That one bit of previously unknown information has opened many doors for me. Tasukarimashita!