Re: [tlug] Occam's Razor for SSH'ing to home

Thank you everyone for your responses.
I have changed my SSH port at home to port 80 and was still unable to
connect to it from work. I am however able to connect from other
locations.

This would lead me to believe that my workplace is only letting HTTP
traffic through on port 80. At this point should I just give up? Is
there such thing as an HTTP-TO-SSH proxy? (perhaps that is what a
tunnel does? I am still not quite sure what a tunnel is supposed to be
doing and if it even applies to my problem.)

Thanks again for the comments and advice.
David