Re: [tlug] Call for speakers for September TLUG meeting

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:53:01 +0900, Mark Sargent
<powderkeg@example.com> wrote:

> Zev Blut wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> We currently do not have any speakers lined up for our September
>> meeting.  Would anybody like to volunteer to give a talk?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Zev
>>
> Hi All,
>
> how about David and his adventures with MythTV.? Come on, Dave, come on
> down!! Cheers.

Yes that would be good too!  We need some speakers.

If not I may be resort to showing videos of usage of a Genera
Symbolics Lisp Machine for development or a lecture from part of the
SICP book or Alan Kay talking about Smalltalk.

I am sure some of you will groan about the next two ideas, but here
they are anyway:

A discussion about a few Linux and BSD distributions comparing them
with regards to ease of installing new software versus staying with a
specific version of software, but maintaining security and bug
patches?  I am sure some of you could volunteer to discuss the merits
of your favorite distro with regards to the above.

Demonstrations of how to use (X)emacs and Vi by those who are willing
to call themselves power users.  Some of us learn best by seeing how
others use his/her preferred editor.

Maybe we will finally get a demo of Plan 9, by someone who knows how
to use it?

Come on volunteer to talk about something!  We won't bite,  at least
not hard ;-)

Best,
Zev