Re: [tlug] Japanese pages don't display correctly

On 水, 2005-07-13 at 12:15 +0900, Mauro Sauco wrote:
> On 2005/07/12@example.com:58, <Stuart Luppescu> wrote:
>   Stuart>
>   Stuart> Right! That must be it. Now to find where apache is setting the default
>   Stuart> character set....
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#adddefaultcharset

Thanks, Mauro. I added this line:
AddDefaultCharset euc-jp
to apache2.conf and now it displays fine. What I REALLY would like to do
is set the default character set to utf-8, but since I have unwisely
spurned Stephen's advice to install xemacs, and rmsmacs STILL hasn't
added unicode support (at least in the ebuilds available in Gentoo), I'm
stuck with euc. I may break down very soon, though, because the default
character set for sql-ledger is utf-8, and using euc may cause big
troubles.

--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu .at. uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR