[tlug] forgot root-password

hi!

i'm using a suse9.2 and some months ago i suddenly forgot my root-
password for my machines...on my mac and windows-machine it was no
problem to reset the password or do something to get the thing to
work again...
on my small linux-box (toshiba libretto l1/060) it is a problem.
today i tried again an attempt to get the machine to work because
it's very problematic for me just setting up a new system (hdd has to
be removed, built into another machine, installing the system, moving
it back to the libretto and so on...)
is there any way with a normal user who cannot do sudo (need my root-
password) to reset the password or giving root a new one?

greetings

niels

--
Is your Linux cute?