[tlug] Re: [tlug-digest] Website mirroring utility?

Michael Smith <smith@example.com> wrote:
>> Jim Breen <Jim.Breen@example.com> writes:
>>
>> > Is there a handy Linux-based website mirroring utility?
>>
>> I think "wget --mirror" works pretty well.

Aha. Thanks. That should do.

>> I just did a quick apt-cache search "mirror", and that shows
>> applications called "omt", "httrack", and "w3mir". I've not used
>> any of them and have no idea what advantages (if any) they might
>> have over just using wget.

I glanced at the pages of httrack and w3mir and they seem to do more
and have more configurable options than "wget --mirror", but they are
all more than I need.

None of them can only retrieve updated pages, and since the site I want
to mirror is happy to make a tarball of it, I may just have a
cron-driven collection of the lot that way. (If an rsync were available
I'd use that.)

Thanks

Jim

--
Jim Breen                                http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 9554