Re: [tlug] Linux-101

On Sun, 22 May 2005 11:05:33 +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon
<ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:

> Select a CDDB entry:
> Gunkl, Grundsatzliche Betrachtungen, Alt.Rock
> Gunkl, Grundsatzliche Betrachtungen, Cabaret
>  Does anyone know what that... German(?) means?

Sorry I can't help with the German but I can tell you where to look for
Mozilla's mail folder.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.0-release-notes.html#profilefolder

Like lots of user specific settings and application data it's in a hidden
directory in the users home directory. In your case it might be
/home/lyle/.thunderbird for example.
Any file or directory that has a period as the first character in the name
becomes hidden
You can make all the hidden files and directories visible in Konqueror by
selecting "Show Hidden Files" from the "View" menu. There are dozens of
them. At least one for every application you use and some. Hope this is
helpful.

Greg.