Re: [tlug] Script Kiddy Defence Script

Hi Vu Hung!

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 18:43:44 +0900 (JST)
Nguyen Hung Vu <vuhung16dg@example.com> wrote:

> Very nice script. This is the first time I see shorewall -
> very impressed. It makes your script independent of OSes.

Thanks. Well, shorewall is the default firewall in Mandriva Linux, so
that was the main reason for me to use that. And I wouldn't actually
call it OS independent, as shorewall has a strong dependency on Linux.

But replacing the call to shorewall with something else, like a direct
call to iptables, shouldn't be that difficult.

> Btw, I think you can extend the program, the check and
> lock other brute-force attack like this.

Yes, I'm planning to do that. Not sure yet which other attacks are
worth considering...  maybe port scans, exploit tests via http...
well, if someone has ideas, let me know.

And as always: patches welcome ;-)

--
  Michael Reinsch <mr@example.com>                      http://mr.uue.org/