Re: [tlug] cp oddity

> sure sure and I had permission to write in the destination directory
> which is why about 11000 files got written there.  Why I scratch my head
> is that 6 did not.  I mean I was writting to a 755 directory as the
> owner.
>
> --
> The TLUG server is hosted by Open Source Development Lab Japan.
> http://www.osdl.jp/

There is a quirk that I have seen in email servers, and I had thought it
was just windows specific.  Sometimes it will create a refrence to a file,
but the file itself will either not be there, or be totaly fragged to the
point that the file system doesn't want to aknowledge it any more.

Sometimes you can delete them, but not always.