Re: [tlug] Tokyo Data Center Recommendations/Comments

On Monday April 11 2005 19:57, Zev Blut wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My company is currently looking into moving data centers later this
> year.  Our system administrators and execs are looking at four
> possible candidates:
>
> * Bit-Isle
> * Jens
> * Atto Tokyo
> * KDDI
>
> Some of the requirements they are evaluating are cost per rack, power
> to each rack, bandwidth, and SLA for downtime.  Does anyone have any
> experience with any of the above data centers or recommendations for
> other data centers in Tokyo?
I have been walking into a data center building in shinkawa for atleast
5 years. The facility has been ruled by different companys from PSI Net
--> CWIDC (cable & wireless) --> JTIDC (now, japan telcom IDC part of
softbank group). I would recommend you to consider their shinkawa or
their Ariake Data center.

PS: Jens is taken over by softbank group and hence it will join the list
of same softbank groups umbrella (which includes, exodus, CWIDC, Japan
Telcom(ODN) and now Jens)
http://www.idc.jp

Also, you could consider UUNET also.

-Thomas