Re: [tlug] Japanese Debian-based easy install?

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:03:04 +0900, Michael Smith <smith@example.com> wrote:
> Does anybody have recommendations for the best way to get a
> working Debian-based system installed with an IME for Japanese
> input and X-Windows defaults set to Japanese? Or better yet,
> anybody made or have a CD image you've used for setting up
> Japanese-enabled Debian systems?

Hi Michael,

It's not a LiveCD, but I've used Omoikane Linux (now called ARMA)
before - a Debian based distro with a full Japanese enviornment - nice
smooth fonts and everything. Apt'ing works fine and uses the regular
debian apt sources. I'm not sure how things have changed since they
renamed themselves or how out of / up to date they are, but it is
probably worth checking out:

Homepage: http://www.omoikane.co.jp/

ARMA @ Distrowatch: http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=omoikane

--