Re: [tlug] AdBookWorkaround

Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon wrote:
> "Address Book Exporting (Attempts)"

[snip]

> 3) In going to that link, I found a bug report, which included this:

[snip]

> 4) I didn't quite understand what to do with the above, so - for the
> time being - I'm still operating as outlined in the following workaround
> that I sent before I had received any feedback:

The above is a diff/patch of the file that contained the error.

If I read it correctly the file is
mailnews/addrbook/resources/content/addressbook.js and the error is on
line 493. The - before the line indicates a deleted line and the +
before a line indicates a new line. So basically, in order to fix the
bug, the line was changed from:

addressbook.exportAddressBook(directory);

to:

addressbook.exportAddressBook(window, directory);

So you can either go and fix the file yourself and or use the patch
program to fix it for you. Since it's just one file and one change I'd
opt for doing it myself.

And luckily for you it looks like the bug was in a javascript file so
probably no need to recompile I would think.

Jc