Re: [tlug] Ideas for reasons why an ERRNO::EIO occurs?

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:51:59 +0900, Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@example.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 07:39:57PM +0900, Zev Blut wrote:
>
>> It appears that on one of our servers that when we try to copy
>> various files over to an NFS mount we get an input/output error.
>
> What is the server?  What is the client?  NFSv3 on Linux?  TCP or UDP?
>
> (that error can mean anything, depending on how things are set up)

RedHat Linux 7.3 via TCP for both the client and server and NFSv3.
Although, we solved the problem by further tweaking the retry parameter.
I am curious about why such a vague error is given, but I suppose that
it is just my lack of experience and that it is not all that vague.

Thanks,
Zev