Re: [tlug] "done one job and do it well" mailer

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 02:02:31 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull
<stephen@example.com> wrote:

>     Uva> Acme is the editor, but upas handles everything else.  But
>     Uva> I do use 'mail' from time to time.
>
> And gmail, obviously.

Yeah, only for mailing lists and general contacts. I use it as a low
priority line.

> Also, I gather that you don't moderate any
> open-post widely advertised mailing lists, and that your primary mail
> address is not available in dozens of easily harvested archives that

Well, I have 9fans.jp. Granted that is a very low bandwidth mailing list. ;-)
Most folks use the standard 9fans mailing list. 9fans is available to Plan 9ers
via '"9fs tcp!mordor.tip9ug.jp!6666 /mail/fs; cat /mail/fs/1/body".

As for MIME, I believe 'plumber' handles all of that. See the following:
http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9/Using_plumbing/index.html
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/plumb.html

> I simply don't believe that you have one or two tools that handle
> everything; if you did, that tool would be "Emacs" (though perhaps a
> completely different program with the same amount of bloat).  Or maybe
> your "everything" is a tiny subset of mine.

See the URLs above or just visit the Plan 9 wiki.

-uva