Re: [tlug] de Raadt receives award from Stallman

    wileyc> What's there to say, really?  I'm quite sad; Tridge has
    wileyc> contributed more to, and deserves more praise from, the
    wileyc> F/OSS community than The0 has.

Uh, just what does this have to do with praise from the OSS community?
Stallman would be the first to deny that he has anything to do with
Open source.

    wileyc> OpenSSH ... well, I wouldn't choose it as the posterboy
    wileyc> for Free Software.  Its origins are dubious, in that its
    wileyc> codebase originates from the last RealSSH release that
    wileyc> used a license vaguely compatible with CSRG ... a codebase
    wileyc> that was designed for V1 protocol operation, demonstrably
    wileyc> insecure and unreliable.

AFAIK OpenSSH is dependent on OpenSSL, which again AFAIK contains
SSLeay code, licensed under the infamous Copyleft BSD license, whose
only purpose is t be gratuitously incompatible with the GPL.

The whole thing strikes me as nothing but a chaban.