Re: [tlug] Crazy automount solution

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:29:40 +0900, Semi Malinen <semi@example.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:52:46 -0500, "Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com>
> said:
>
> > On my local LUG (COLUG, the Central Ohio Linux Users Group) mailing
> > list, some chap posted about how he could get his USB hard drive to
> > automount. I thought several of you on this list might be amused by or
> > interested in my solution:
>
> That is really neat. This might be a silly question,
> but how do you umount?

Without making any changes to the script, you would have to run
'umount /dev/foo' and then unplug the drive before the script wakes
up.

But that is pretty damned stoopid, if you ask me (and I wish someone
*had* asked me, because I did not think of that).

I would probably add a new variable:

 INHIBIT_FILE=/tmp/no_automount

and then wrap the body of the while loop like so:

if [ ! -e ${INHIBIT_FILE} ]; then

# foreach loop and the rest of the body of the while loop

fi # if (no inhibit file exists)

Kinda kludgy, ain't it? Can anybody think of a better way?

-Josh "the slightly sheepish" Glover