Re: [tlug] Japanese Input

>>>>> "sakewish" == sakewish  <sakewish@example.com> writes:

    sakewish> I run a "minimal" home-made linux system.  Am looking to
    sakewish> add Japanese input support.  If you have experience with
    sakewish> this

Well, for true minimality I've always been a big fan of

bash$ cat > text.jp << EOT
^V^[$B$3$l$OF|K\8l$G$9!#^V^[(B
EOT

(where ^V is your shell quote-next-character character and ^[ is the
escape character).

Help us out a bit.  Just how "minimal" is minimal?  What encodings do
you want?  What is your editor?  Do you run X?  What is your name?
What is your quest?  (Oops, I think I've been reading too much
python-dev today.)

    sakewish> please let me know as I've been able to find little
    sakewish> on the net (except a lot of dead-end links).

Have you tried setting your browser to accept Japanese?<wink>