Re: [tlug] stdin/stderr redirection under Solaris

Gerald Naughton wrote:

> Hi
> maybe I`m missing something

The example I gave was just a test. I don't really want to do an 'ls -R
/' :)

In 'real life' I will be:

- executing a program that hopefully will never stop
- sends output to both stdout and stderr
- I want to log stdout and stderr separately using cronolog
- I want to nohup to program so I don't have to keep a terminal open
(I'm accessing the server remotely)

> Dump the Stderr into a Temporary File

I don't want to dump it but pipe it to another program (cronolog)

Thanks,

Jc