Re: [tlug] stdin/stderr redirection under Solaris

Gerald Naughton wrote:

>  The nohup command accepts just one utility as an
> argument.
> To apply nohup to a pipeline or list of commands,
> enter the
> pipeline or list in a	shell script file.  Then run
> sh as utility using the following format:
>
> nohup	sh -c file

I thought about that but when I tried the process was still attached to
the console, and stderr was redirected to nohup.out. I guess I could
live with nohup high jacking stderr and just pipe that (?), as long as
stdout id being pipe separately?

bash-2.03$ cat t.sh
(ls -R / | /usr/local/sbin/cronolog logs/%Y/%m/%d/stdout.log) |&
/usr/local/sbin/cronolog logs/%Y/%m/%d/stderr.log
bash-2.03$ nohup sh -c t.sh
Sending output to nohup.out
^Cbash-2.03$
bash-2.03$ cat nohup.out
/lost+found: Permission denied
/proc/0: Permission denied
/proc/1: Permission denied
[...]

Or did I misunderstand your instructions?

Jc