Re: [tlug] "Interesting" printing issue.

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 20:50:43 +0900, Edward Wright <edw@example.com> wrote:

> Does the same thing happen if you print locally on the server?

Nope.

No weird error messages and the printer does its thing.

> Does it make any difference if you use a subdirectory of
> /var/spool/lpd as a spool for lp? (e.g. /var/spool/lpd/lp)

Nope.

Just changed it to /var/spool/lpd/lp, adjusted /etc/printcap accordingly,
ran "chown -R lp:lp /var/spool/lpd" to make sure the ownership was correct,
HUP'ed lpd. I then output a few lines of text to the printer:

# head -n 20 some_file_hanging_around | lpr

Then got it to eject the page:

# echo -e -n "\x0C" | lpr

--
G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com -- gstewart@example.com
Registered Linux user #284683 (Slackware 9.0, Linux 2.6.7-em8300)